Support in Natural Forest and Plantation Project Management
We guide project developers in the design of natural forest and (forest) plantation projects. We do so by drafting Plans of Operation and Forest Management Plans. We can also support certification processes for sustainable forest management.
Support in Natural Forest Monitoring
Long-term sustainable forest management relies on reliable, high quality monitoring data in the broadest sense. We assist forest managers in the development of forest monitoring plans. Furthermore, we provide them with sampling design tools in order to establish reliable and statistically sound monitoring and performance evaluation information.
- Mangrove Ecosystem Restoration Project, Sine Saloum Delta, Senegal(2011-ongoing);
- Kibale National Park Rehabilitation Project, Uganda (1995-ongoing);
- INFAPRO Rainforest Rehabilitation Project, State of Sabah, Malaysia(1990-ongoing);
- Reforestation Turkey, guidance monitoring and inspection, Konya, Turkey (2000-2010);
- Ecuador Forestation Projects, Andes region, Ecuador (1994-2007);
- Ecuadorian coast Forestry management and administration of the Forestvida Company Ltd,
- Strengthening of management and the negotiation position of timber production from
indigenous forest plantations, Ecuadorian coast, Ecuador;
- Market analysis of timber trends and opportunities of possible linkages with EU FLEGT
- Site assessments for forest plantations in the Ecuadorian highlands and coastal region, Ecuador;
- Local capacity development for sustainable forest conservation in Napo, Ecuador;
- Providing Consultancy on Payment for Environmental Services for the protection of water resources supplying the Conton Ibarra, Imbabura, Municipality of Ibarra, Ecuador;
- Mixed reforestation of local species and newly introduced species on small and medium sized properties in Manabí, Ecuadorian coast;
- Mixed reforestation of natural vegetation on degraded lands in the Kanton of Nabón, Ona
and Saraguro in the South East of Ecuador.