Face the Future identifies potential forest carbon projects around the world through her extensive network of NGO's, governments and organisations.The success of forest (carbon) projects depends on several factors, such as:
- Stability, knowledge, experience and (contractual)
commitment of local project partners
- Clarity on land titles
- Community benefits and participation
- Approval by the host country government
- Alignment with local policies
- Forest technical and organisational design
- Eligibility with carbon protocol (VCS, CCB, CDM) criteria
During the project identification process, Face the Future performs an extensive Due Diligence. This Due Diligence covers all relevant aspects in defining the financial, organisational, technical and social feasibility of the project.
Face the Future provides project identification services on consultancy basis and on a no cure no pay basis.
The results of a project identification process are; a contracted project (through MoU or ERPA), contracted carbon cedits and a Due Diligence report.